Most of us have fitness trackers from Fitbits to the Apple Watch and my personal favorite the Bella Beat Leaf. It’s recommended that we log at least 10,000 steps per day, which might seem like a lot but it’s definitely an attainable goal – even if you sit at a desk all day.
Here are 9 ways to get in your 10,000 steps without having to set foot in the gym.
1. Start a competition with friends or co-workers.
2. Be a tourist in your own town.
3. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
4. If you sit at a desk all day set a timer and make yourself get up to walk around for at least 5 minutes each hour.
5. Go for a walk on your lunch break.
6. Drink plenty of water so you always have to take a walk to the bathroom.
7. Take your pup for an extra spin around the block.
8. Head to the mall or grocery store and walk around just checking things out.