Hello Decemberrrr. The holidays are officially in full swing, and while they may look a little different this year, there are still plenty of festive things you can do. I am sharing 31 things to do this month, and the best part, you can do them all safely.
1. Create or buy an advent calendar.
2. Make an effort to shop small all month long. Support your favorite small businesses and make a point to discover some new ones along the way.
3. Add some holiday cheer to your home. This year I am loving flocked wreaths, winter whites, and a touch of buffalo plaid.
4. Light some of your favorite holiday and winter candles. I am absolutely loving peppermint right now.
5. Have a Frozen movie night.
6. Give yourself a little TLC tonight and do a face mask.
7. Why not order some matching Christmas pajamas for your whole family. I am currently looking for a matching pair just for Jack and I.
8. Don\’t forget to send out your Christmas cards. I love to send out cards that feature Jack on them.
9. Find a drive-through light festival.
10. 2021 will be here before we know it, now is the perfect opportunity to make an inspiration board for the new year.
11. Indulge in some hot chocolate. I am loving serving hot chocolate via these cocoa bombs.
12. Do an act of Christmas kindness for someone you don\’t know.
13. Watch a holiday classic, I love Miracle on 34th Street.
14. Decorate a gingerbread house.
15. Cut paper snowflakes to hang on your windows.
16. If you haven\’t started to bake Christmas cookies yet, then get to it!
17. Deliver holiday treats to some of your neighbors.
18. Take a drive through local neighborhoods and enjoy the lights.
19. Make some brittle or peppermint bark.
20. Donate to a toy drive.
21. Today is the first day of winter, and it is also the shortest day of the year. Make the most of it and enjoy pizza and a movie for dinner.
22. Watch the Nutcracker, even if it has to be one on TV.
23. Have a winter bonfire, make s\’mores, indulge in hot chocolate, and roast chestnuts.
24. Happy Christmas Eve! Why not serve up some appetizers today? Don\’t forget a Christmas-themed charcuterie board.
25. From my house to yours, I wish you a very Merry Christmas. Since I absolutely love brunch I will be serving up a delicious brunch board.
26. As you pick up from the remnants of Christmas, be sure to send thank you notes out.
27. Grab carryout from your favorite local restaurant.
28. Make a plan to stay in a cabin.
29. Indulge in your favorite treats, before you start that diet in 2021 ;).
30. Polish your nails in a glittery color in honor of NYE.
31. For many of us 2020 has been a trying year. The good news is, we made it through the year. Cheers to a happy and healthy 2021 – I hope it is your best year yet.