Happy November! There\’s a new kind of chill in the air, the leaves have changed colors and have started to fall to the ground, the grocery stores are packed with pumpkin spice flavored everything. Fall is in full force, and I am here for it.
Thanks to the pandemic, many of us will find ourselves spending more time inside during November, and lucky for you I have 30 things you can do safely in November. From hunkering down with your favorite fall candle, a super soft throw blanket, and Hallmark Christmas movies to backyard bonfires, get ready to indulge in the cozier side of life.
30 Things to Do in November
1. Out with the spooky and in with the gorgeous gourds. Dress up your front door with an autumn wreath or a welcome mat.
4. Sip on some mulled hot cider. I love Adams Apple Mulling Spices.
5. Make a chunky knitted blanket – the best part about this blanket you only need your fingers and some chunky yarn.
6. Get your hygge on. Hygge is the Dutch concept of coziness. Think snuggles by a fire, chunky knit sweaters, fall-scented candles, and anything you find cozy and comforting.
7. Try out a new soup or chili recipe.
8. Start your Christmas shopping and don\’t forget to shop small.
9. Make some hot cocoa bombs. I will be sharing the details on how to make them on the blog soon.
10. Have a backyard bonfire and make popcorn and s\’mores over the fire.
11. Why not send gratitude notes to friends and family and let them know you\’re thinking of them and appreciate them.
12. Make a list of things you are grateful for.
13. Donate to your local food bank and/or volunteer at a soup kitchen.
14. Rent a cabin in the woods, bonus points if it has a fireplace.
15. Today is Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day, with Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner it is the perfect opportunity for you to get rid of anything that has gone funky.
16. Make a delicious charcuterie board. Add things like nuts, cider mill donuts, cookies, cheese, crackers, apples and more.
17. It\’s National Take a Hike Day, so get outside and explore a new trail.
18. Polish your nails in a moody color.
19. Head to a cider mill for some cider and donuts – the season is almost over so splurge.
20. Order Christmas cards to mail out to friends and family.
21. Make some candied nuts.
22. Go for a leisurely Sunday drive.
23. Make a Pinterest board of cookies and treats you want to make for Christmas.
24. Make a pumpkin pie. This year I want to recreate the chai pumpkin pie I had while I was in Marquette.
25. Sign up for a virtual run with a friend.
26. Happy Thanksgiving. It\’s been a tough year for many of us, and today is a great time to reflect on the things we are grateful for.
27. Make a delicious panini with Thanksgiving leftovers.
28. It\’s Small Business Saturday, get out there and support your favorite local businesses.
29. Treat yourself to something nice like a new blanket scarf or pair of boots.
30. Create a winter wreath.