Spring arrived last week, and what better way to celebrate spring than with cookies! These cookies are super simple to make and offer the perfect amount of crunch and softness to them. If you’re not vegan don’t worry! These cookies can easily be made regular or vegan. I personally made them vegan and used vegan butter, unsweetened almond milk, and dairy-free chocolate chips. You can even add more flavor to these cookies by adding pecans or dried cranberries.
Springtime Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies
½ cup (1 stick) butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon milk of your choice
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
M&M’s or dairy-free equivalent to top the cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add the butter, white sugar and brown sugar to an electric mixing bowl.
3. Cream together.
4. Add the vanilla and mix.
5. Add the flour cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and mix together.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet,
7. Mix together by hand until crumbly.
8. Add in the milk of your choice and mix by hand until a thick cookie dough forms.
9. Add the chocolate chips and mix together.
* The cookie dough should be very thick, but sticky enough to easily roll into balls. You may need to add more milk.
10. Roll the dough into small balls.
11. Place the dough balls evenly on a parchment-lined baking tray.
12. Bake for 10 minutes.
• The edges will be firm, but the cookies should be soft in the middle.
13. Press your colored candies into the top of the cookies when they come out of the oven.
14. Allow cooling.