Happy April loves! March felt like I was in a movie written by a child, where everything goes wrong and no one has the answers to anything – and April is following suit. Like many other states, Michigan is under a stay at home order and school has been canceled for the remainder of the year. Trust me, I know it is tough. Staying home is the worst, I know first hand because I am a social butterfly that can\’t sit still ever. However, I have been doing my part and have been staying inside to keep myself and others safe – hopefully, you can say that you have been doing the same.
My plan was to just skip doing 30 things to do in April, but as someone struggling with the isolation of social distancing, I figured I would share some things that are currently helping me. During the time of this pandemic, it is more important than ever to take time for ourselves, be creative and just stay positive. I hope this list brings a little bit of light and happiness to your life and you find a couple things that you want to do.
1. Paint rainbows or something bright and cheery in your windows. #RainbowsOverMichigan is making waves here in the mitten state, and it\’s nice to see doors decorated with cheer.
2. Build boards on Pinterest of meals you want to make, therefore you can have planned before you go to the grocery store and can get in and out as quickly as possible.
6. It is the perfect chance to try that takes-all-day recipe you\’ve been wanting to try. I am going to giving French macarons a try and will post about my results when I finish.
7. Spend a day taking time to prepare various meals and freeze them, to make things easier on days you\’re not in the mood for cooking. I actually made a ton of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and egg breakfast sandwiches and froze them to make my days a little easier.
8. Today I am sharing some springtime cookies perfect for Easter on the blog.