With the holidays behind us and the new age roaring 20’s ahead of us, I am sharing 31 ways to celebrate January. I am not a fan of resolutions, however, I am a big fan of lifestyle overhauls and simple changes. Let’s prioritize ourselves in 2020.
1. Create a vision board. I was recently told that when creating a vision board you should be very specific and keep it in a place that you can see. You don’t have to cut out pictures and words from a magazine, you can simply write sentences or words down onto a piece of paper.
2. Select one word or motto to focus on in 2020. This word should be something that will help keep you focused and your priorities in order throughout the year.
3. Grab some takeout or junk food, change into pajamas and put on a movie.
4. Shop post-holiday sales for major savings. This is the perfect time of the year, save some money, since stores are will be going through their inventory they will be dropping prices.
5. Get active and do some indoor rock climbing.
6. Head to a hotel for the weekend just so you can go swimming.
7. Try out a new recipe. Pinterest is a great place to find an abundance of new recipes.
8. Host a board game night.
9. Learn a new hobby. I really want to take a refresher crocheting class.
10. Go ice skating.
11. Visit a museum.
12. For many places, it is off-season, which means you can score some really get deal on a spontaneous weekend getaway.
13. Head to an arcade, bowling alley or play some indoor mini-golf.
14. Go to a candle-lit snowshoeing event.
15. Celebrate national hat day today. From Panama hats to beanies you’re sure to have one to live up the moment in.
16. Head to the hills and go tubing, sledding, skiing or snowboarding.
17. Have a spa day, after all, you work so hard you definitely deserve one.
18. Binge watch a new show on Netflix or see what Disney+ has added to its lineup.
19. It’s national popcorn day. I recommend adding some to your favorite bowl of soup.
20. Go through your closet and donate any clothes you did not wear in 2019.
21. Pick a room in your home to reorganize.
22. Visit a local art gallery.
23. For many places, it is off-season, which means you can score some really get deal on a spontaneous weekend getaway.
24. Refresh your look and try a new shade of nail polish.
25. Go for a snowy hike.
26. Head to the library and find a new book to read.
27. There’s no better time than now to book that vacation that you have always dreamed of – or start saving money for that dream vacation. What’s on my list? Iceland, Vancouver, and Scotland are high on my list currently.
28. Do something nice for a friend, family member or neighbor.
29. Get a house plant to lift your spirits during the dreary months.
30. Get up early and watch the sunrise.
31. Go hot tubbing.