Let’s get down to business. I am a professional snacker and I take snacking very seriously. It has to be a great snack in order to make the cut, and with the changing of the weather, I have been thinking about outdoor movies and popcorn. That’s when the idea of Popcorn Cookies came to mind. These cookies feature pieces of Grand Rapids Popcorn Company Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn, to create the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Beware, these cookies are highly addictive.
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup sugar 1 large egg
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups popcorn (I used sea salt caramel), lightly crushed
1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt together.
5. Gradually beat into creamed mixture.
6. Stir in popcorn and chocolate chips.
7. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
9. Bake until golden brown (7-12 minutes).
10. Remove and cool on wire racks.