While my family and I enjoy Thanksgiving goodies I wanted something for Jack to enjoy as well and these sweet potato dog treats are perfect (I also LOVE them dipped in sour cream that\’s been mixed with dill).
Sweet Potato Dog Treats
Large sweet potato
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Remove the skin from the sweet potatoes.
3. Slice on a mandolin (I pushed the sweet potato with a fork so I didn\’t cut off my fingers).
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Place on a baking cool rack and then onto a cookie sheet (like pictured above)
6. Bake for 30 minutes and then flip and bake for another 10-30 minutes depending on if you want them hard or softer like jerky.
Note: Jack loves these when they are more like glass (tap them on something and they shatter). I usually bake them for 30 minutes, flip bake another 30, turn the oven off and leave the treats in. This is also the way I enjoy eating them.