Hello September! I am so excited to see you. This summer flew by, and with temperatures feeling like the center of the sun I am thrilled for the arrival of September and all things fall. September is apple orchard season, the return of pumpkin spice, and the kickoff to sweater season. To get this month started, I am sharing 30 things to do in September. Now let’s get started thinking about crisp weather:
1. Take a trip to the cider mill for apple cider and donuts.
2. Campgrounds and quieter and cooler, why not book weekend camping trip?
3. Pick sunflowers at a flower farm.
4. It’s National Wildlife Day, spend the day out hiking and enjoying the wildlife you come across.
5. Bust out those vampy fall nail polish colors. I am loving army green, mustard and gray this season.
6. Book a cabin getaway for a change of scenery, bonus points if you book it so you can enjoy fall colors.
7. Check out all the new fall movies that have hit the Hallmark Channel.
8. Get creative and make a fall charcuterie board.
9. It’s the perfect time to make a big pot of soup.
10. Take advantage of cooler evenings and have a bonfire with s’mores of course.
11. Head to an apple orchard for apple picking fun.
12. Visit a local produce stand.
13. It’s National Peanut Day today! Celebrate by indulging in a peanut butter treat.
14. Make a sweet treat that includes pumpkin.
15. Have a fall picnic. Bonus points if it includes a thermos of soup, cozy blankets and charcuterie.
16. Grab some tortilla chips and whip up some homemade guacamole or head to your favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate National Guacamole Day.
17. Build a scarecrow.
18. Buy a cozy sweater or pair of boots.
19.Crochet or knit yourself a hat or scarf for cooler temperatures.
20. Did you know today is National Fried Rice Day? Well now you do! I’ll be grabbing some pineapple fried rice from my favorite Thai restaurant.
21. Anyone else a fan of chai tea lattes? If you are today is National Chai Day and the perfect excuse to head to a local coffee shop and grab one.
22. Happy first day of fall! Make a bucket list of everything you want to do this fall.
23. Go for a fall color drive.
24. Head to the pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins.
25. Light fall scented candles. I am loving ones that smell like a cider donut.
26. Make caramel apples.
27. Adventure through a corn maze.
28. Go for a hay ride.
29. Make a big pot of your favorite chili.
30. September ends the month with National Hot Mulled Cider Day and let me tell you, I am here for it! I’ll be heading to Yates Cider Mill for a hot cider and plain donut today. Yum!