Gather around ghosts, goblins, and ghouls, in today\’s post I am sharing a list of things you can do (safely) in October. From trips to a cider mill to scary movie marathons and DIY projects, I am giving you 31 things to do this month.
1. Head to your local farm or farmers market to pick up some beautiful fall mums for your front porch.
2. Visit your favorite apple orchard and pick your favorite apples. I personally love honey crisp.
3. Give yourself a fall-themed manicure. I am loving Zoya\’s 2020 fall nail polish collection.
4. Take a trip to the pumpkin patch. Grab some cinderella pumpkins to stack and the perfect pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns.
5. Today is Do Something Nice Day! Bring donuts into work or drop them off at a friend\’s house or buy someone\’s coffee in line. No matter how small the gesture is, it will mean the world to someone.
6. Go for a hike in the woods.
7. Head out for a leaf-peeping drive.
8. Buy some fall squashes and create a meal out of them.
9. Head over to your favorite cider mill for some donuts and hot cider.
10. Halloween-themed dessert. I love making different novelty treats for each holiday, and these adorable cupcakes might be my favorite.
11. Discover new local businesses and do some shopping. My newest and cutest shop discovery is Lottie Mae.
12. Make an apple pie, apple butter, caramel apples, or apple sauce with the apples you picked.
13. Go kayaking or canoeing to check out the local color.
14. Buy a new fall candle.
15. Make a quick and easy chunky blanket.
16. Whip up a batch of those pumpkin zucchini muffins you\’ve been seeing in the Hallmark Movies lately.
17. Happy Sweetest Day. I know, it\’s a \”Hallmark Holiday\” that is only known in some states. Even if you\’re single you can still celebrate by sending some girlfriends some fall-inspired goodies.
18. Pumpkin spice season is in full swing if you\’re looking for a delicious recipe to make I highly recommend my pumpkin spice oatmeal cream pies.
19. Adventure through a corn maze.
20. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
21. Go for a drive to a new town and see what restaurants, shops, and activities they have to offer.
22. Why not give ATVing a try?
23. Make some pumpkin fluff – it\’s way too good not to!
24. Go support a local restaurant when you grab dinner from there tonight.
25. Blanket scarves are my favorite way to stay warm when the temperatures drop. Why not make your own this fall?
26. Make your house smell just like fall.
27. Sugar cookies are my favorite for any season. I especially love these quick and easy sugar cookie leaves.
28. Take a trip around town and check out the Halloween decorations. In Michigan, there is a street called Tillson that goes all out for Halloween.
29. Looking for a simple Halloween treat to make? Why not give these Rice Krispie treat mummies a try?
30. Have a movie marathon. Since I don\’t like scary movies, you can typically find me watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and of course Hocus Pocus.
31. Happy Halloween! Today is the perfect day to rock out to Monster Mash!