Hello October! I honestly cannot believe that summer is over, and we are now right in the heart of fall. In today\’s post, I am sharing a list of things to do in October. Yes, that is 31 ideas, one for every day of the month. If you want even more ideas check out 30 Ways to Celebrate September or my Fall To-Do list!
1. Celebrate vegan baking day, and whip up something delicious.
2. Take a trip to the pumpkin patch. Don\’t forget to snap some cute photos while you\’re there!
3. Host a horror movie marathon. Think The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Edward Scissorhands, The Birds and more.
4. Whip up a halloween-themed dessert. I love making a different novelty treat for each holiday. I have made Spider Web Cupcakes, Bat Bite Cupcakes and even Frankenstein treats.
5. Head to the cider mill and enjoy a cup of hot cider.
6. It\’s sweater weather, and blanket scarf season. Treat yourself to something new.
7. Orange and black are iconically Halloween colors. Get creative with these two colors by preparing different foods with them in mind this October. Think black bean soup, butternut squash soup, blackberry cobbler and more.
8. Get outside and enjoy the cooler weather. I love hiking and biking.
9. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or with a local organization to help the less fortunate in your area.
10. Look for a fall festivals and Halloween events in your area. The Detroit Zoo hosts Zoo Boo for the littles, theres a pop-up pumpkin patch in downtown Detroit and you can\’t forget Halloweekends at Cedar Point.
11. Head up north to leaf peep and enjoy all the colors.
13. Head to Trader Joes and stock up on everything pumpkin spice.
14. Try out a new workout class. I am currently addicted to rock climbing.
15. Make a pumpkin themed treat to bring to work.
20. Enjoy a cheese and charcuterie board, while you watch Hocus Pocus.
21. Try out a new soup or chili recipe. I made white chicken chili a few years ago and fell in love with it.
22. Paint your nails a dark polish color. Zoya has some great options in their new fall collection.
23. Whip up a batch of homemade applesauce – yum my favorite!
24. Get lost in a corn maze.
25. Head to a drive-in to watch a movie. Don\’t forget the blankets and snacks.
26. Start a new book.
27. Take a hot air balloon ride. Seriously how amazing would it be to see the colors from the sky.
28. Make homemade caramel apples.
29. Do something nice for someone.