30 Ways to Celebrate September
Happy September! If you’ve been following along you know I absolutely love lists, and I typically
post a fall to-do list (don’t worry, it’s coming). After my best friend passed away in March this year
it’s really had me focused on the now, and that’s why I decided that I want to start a new monthly
series. This series will give you 30 (or 31) ways to celebrate each month. Starting with my favorite
time of the year… fall! Let me know if there is anything that you think I should add to the September
1. Visit a cider mill. Yates is my absolute favorite I love a cup of hot cider with a plain donut or
2. Head to the farmers market before the season is over and enjoy sweet corn, peaches,
watermelon and more.
3. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
4. Start to transition your summer style to fall.
5. Tailgate and check out a football game – hello Detroit Lions and University of Michigan.
6. Book a camping trip, and enjoy the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.
7. Look up some soup recipes you can make when the weather gets chilly.
8. Head to a bookstore and grab a new book that you can curl up and watch by a fire.
9. Head out for a nature hike.
10. Visit a town that you haven’t been to before.
11. Make s’mores, don’t forget to try different chocolates and cookies.
12. Shake things up and meet someone for a milkshake on September 12th for national
Chocolate Milk Day. My Metro Detroit picks would be Red Knapps in Downtown Rochester and
M Street in Howell.
13. Go to a drive-in movie.
14. Add fall scented candles to your home.
15. Head to a local coffee shop and check out all the fall drinks.
16. Grab some yarn and knit or crochet a scarf.
17. Host a game day viewing party at your house, and have a chili bar.
18. Clean out your closet and donate things you didn’t wear throughout the summer.
19. Try out a new fitness class.
20. Go apple picking and make a sweet treat
21. Make a fall wreath.
22. Head to a local fair.
23. September 23 is the first day of fall, celebrate by making a list of everything you want to do this fall.
24. Switch to dark, moody and berry nail polish hues.
25. Write a travel bucket list of places you’d like to adventure to. Iceland is on my list.
26. Stock up on your favorite pumpkin-themed foods.
27. Check out a museum. Metro Detroiters you’ll find me at the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts)
28. Make pumpkin bread.
29. Curl up in the back of a truck with blankets and watch the stars.
30. Send a letter to someone.