Summer bodies are made in the winter, but winter bodies crave comfort food and carbs. What’s a girl to do? Make healthy, yes you read that correctly HEALTHY bagels. No yeast, no boiling and no fancy mixer needed these bad boys bake right in the oven and only require THREE ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place silpat or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
3. Add flour and yogurt to a bowl, mix until combined.
4. Dust flour on your work surface.
5. Remove dough from bowl.
6. Knead the dough until it is tacky but not sticky (13-17 turns)
7. Divide into 4 equal balls.
8. Roll each ball into a ¾-inch thick rope.
9. Join the ends of the ropes to form bagels (I usually make hearts).
10. Brush with egg wash.
11. Sprinkle on your seasoning.
12. Bake on the top rack.
13. Bake for 23 minutes or until done.
14. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting (trust me I know that’ll be hard, they’re so good hot!).
1. If you do not have self-rising flour you can use regular flour, you’ll just need to add 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
2. Bake on the top rack to prevent the bottoms from browning too much.
3. I use a silpat to cook the bagels on, you can also used parchment paper that has been sprayed with oil.
4. Give the bagels plenty of room to expand.
5. I have only ever made these with Greek yogurt, I have no idea if they work with other yogurts.
6. Add more flour if the dough is sticky.