Harsens Island – Winter Edition
There’s no better way to spend a Saturday then hopping on the car ferry and heading across the lake to Harsens Island. This trip presented two firsts for me. One I have never been on a car ferry and two I have never been to Harsens Island. Harsens Island is a wet marshy location at the mouth of the St. Clair River on Lake St. Clair, which offers some gorgeous views in a quaint setting. We started our adventure by driving around the island and checking out the houses, and beautiful views of the lake. Since it is winter there is less for you to do, however we’re giving you a list of five things to do on Harsens Island this winter:
1. Visit the Schoolhouse Grille for a delicious meal.
2. Walk on the ice and see a gorgeous view of the lighthouses (use caution and make sure ice is thick enough).
3. Grab a shanty and go ice fishing.
4. Watch the sunset (winter sunsets in Michigan are amazing especially on the water).
5. Fat bike around the island.