One of my friends moved in with me for the past month. She\’s vegan so a lot of the meals we cooked together followed the vegan lifestyle. One of my favorite dishes was this hot sweet potato and kale salad so I had to share it with you.
Hot Sweet Potato and Kale Salad
Oil or Butter (we used Earth Balance)
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 pack mushrooms
1 bunch of kale
1. Sauté onions and garlic in a pan with oil or butter.
2. Partially cook two sweet potatoes in the microwave.
3. Remove the veins from the kale and wash.
4. Add mushrooms to pan with sauteed onions.
5. After mushrooms has cooked about 5-7 minutes add kale with a little bit of Cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
6. Dice sweet potato and add to pan.
7. Add a small amount of raw honey to offset the heat.