1. Be sure your pooch is wearing an up-to-date and visible ID tag on his/her collar at all times. Jack has this collar with his name and my phone number on it.
2. Exercise your dog early in the day before celebrations begin.
3. Keep dog treats on hand for those who want to give your dog food.
4. Keep fireworks, sparklers, glow sticks… etc away from curious canines.
5. Thundercoats work wonders for anxious dogs.
6. Leave your pet at home during the fireworks. Frozen peanut butter Kongs are always good to have.
7. If your dog is afraid of loud noises, leave gentle music or the TV on to mask noises such as the fireworks.