Tiny, gracious gestures really can turn your own (or someone else’s) day around. After having an absolutely terrible week someone sent me a text message that completely turned my day around. It made me think of the little things that we can do to leave this place better than we found it. Here are 30 simple acts of kindness that can change someone’s day.
30 Random Acts of Kindness
1. Tell someone you love them.
2. Smile at people more.
3. Cook a meal for someone.
4. Pay for the person’s coffee behind you in line.
5. Leave a note in the morning for your roomie or significant other.
6. Reach out to someone you haven’t talked to in awhile.
7. Give a generous tip to your waiter.
8. Hold the door open for someone.
9. Bring in your neighbors trash cans.
10. Offer to babysit your friend’s kids.
11. Leave a penny heads up for someone to find for good luck.
12. Compliment a stranger.
13. Let someone go in line in front of you.
14. Make someone laugh.
15. Leave extra time on a parking meter.
16. Send a present to a soldier.
17. Leave random inspirational sticky notes on a mirror. I found one the other day when I was at Target on the mirror that said, “You are enough.”
18. Pay the toll for the car behind you.
19. Donate supplies to an animal shelter.
20. Send a surprise package to someone.
21. Wipe down gym equipment after you use it.
22. Call a grandparent.
23. Make a new friend.
24. Donate clothes
25. Forgive mistakes.
26. Say “Thank You”
27. Walk the cart back to the front of the store.
28. Bring a meal to someone who just had surgery or a baby.
29. Avoid gossip.
30. Make someone a mix CD.