Twiced Baked Potato Salad
Lately my weekends have been filled with plenty of cookouts including one fabulous barbeque this past Friday on the beach. I was asked to bring potato salad, and instead of my go-to recipe I tried to recreate my favorite loaded baked potato salad from Spring House
in Washington, PA.
The result was everything I had hoped for.
Loaded Baked Potato SaladIngredients:
8 medium redskin potatoes
1 cup sour cream
½ cup Miracle Whip (you can use mayo, I just knew they didn’t)
9 (or more) pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled into larger pieces
2-4 green onions, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
salt & pepper to taste
1. Wash and cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces, leave the peel on.
2. Cover with water and boil until tender. Keep a close eye and check after 10 minutes. You don’t want them to get mushy. About 15-20 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Make sure potatoes are semi dry and place in the refrigerator.
5. Mix the Miracle Whip and sour cream together.
6. Mix the Miracle Whip and sour cream mixture in with the potatoes, green onions, ¾ of the bacon and 1 cup of cheese.
7. Salt and pepper to taste (I just added pepper).
8. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon.
9. Refrigerate until ready to serve.