Two weekends ago, my mum and I took a trip to Miller\’s Big Red to pick some apples. We picked at least five different varieties. After trying to come up with different things to make we decided on a simple galette.
Simple Apple Galette
Dough (I used a Marie Callender frozen pie crust)
5-7 medium apples (any kind will work, I like firm & crisp best)
3 tablespoons butter
1. If using a frozen crust (like i did), remove it from the pie tin and place it onto a cookie sheet covered in foil.
2. Peel, core and slice apples.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Begin to layer the apples on top of each other inside the pie shell. Be sure to sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
5. Repeat layering apples and sprinkling with sugar.
6. Sprinkle the top layer with cinnamon.
7. Fold in the sides of the dough and bring it in up over the apple slices.
8. Pour the melted butter on the apples and the crust and sprinkle with more sugar.
9. Bake in the oven until the crust browns and the apples soften. It took 40 minutes in my oven, but make sure you check on it.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
11. Enjoy a taste of fall.
Note: I drizzled a frosting on mine after it cooled for 20 minutes. The frosting was a powdered sugar and milk mixture.