Single Serving Cookie
Makes two large chocolate chip cookies or 9 small cookies
• 2 tablespoons of shortening (I used Crisco)
• 2 firmly packed tablespoons of dark brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (I use Watkins)
• 1 large egg yolk
• 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
• Add-ins ideas: chocolate chips, oatmeal, white chocolate chips, raisins & oatmeal, M&M’s, nuts…etc
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Blend shortening, dark brown sugar, sugar and vanilla together by hand. Add egg yolk and stir again. Add baking soda and flour and stir until combined. Then stir in add-ins
3. Form cookie dough balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.