Bird\’s Nest Cookies
1 1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter; softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blue Jordon Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread out coconut onto a baking sheet and toast until slightly golden brown. You will want to stir it a couple times for even coloring.
2. Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
3. Mix flour, salt and baking powder together in a a bowl. Pour flour mixture into creamed mixture and stir by hand until evenly incorporated.
4. Shape dough into balls and roll in toasted coconut. Place on your baking sheet (I covered mine with parchment paper). Use your thumb and make an indentation in the center of each ball to form a nest.
5. Bake about 8-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and place 2-3 jordon almonds in each cookie.