My applesauce ornament recipe comes from my Great Grandma C. She is no longer with us, but the tradition of her applesauce ornaments lives on. They\’re so much fun to make and your house will smell absolutely fabulous! A couple years ago I did not paint my ornaments and I used them as gift tags for Christmas presents. This year I cut out gingerbread men and will be using them as my friendship gift for friends and family that visit during the holidays.
Apple Sauce Ornaments
• 1 cup (plus more for rolling) ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon ground clove
• 1 tablespoon all spice
• 3/4 cup applesauce
• 2 tablespoons Aleens tacky glue
• In a medium bowl mix spices, stir in applesauce and glue. Work mixture 2-3 minutes with your hands to form a ball.
•Too dry? Add more applesauce
• Too moist? Add more cinnamon
• Divide into four equal parts. Roll to 1/4 inch thick on a cinnamon covered surface; cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter. Use a pencil to place a hole at the top.
• Place on a cookie sheet and allow to dry 4-5 days – your home will smell fabulous.
• Don\’t forget to add a ribbon and paint them if desired!
• These ornaments will last for years. My mum has a couple from when she was little and I have one that is 20 years old!
What to do with your ornaments
• hang on your Christmas
• use as gift tags
• give to your girlfriends