Caramel Apple Muffins
• 1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 c. salted butter, softened
• 1/2 c. sour cream
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 2 cups flour
• 1 Tblsp. cinnamon
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 2.5 cups apples, peeled and grated
• Heat oven to 325 degrees.
• Combine the brown sugar and butter in a large bowl; beating at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; continue to beat until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in grated apples.
• Pour batter into your baking cups. Bake 15-25 minutes; or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Place onto a wire cooling rack.
For the topping
*note: this taste so good without the topping! For added sweetness add the topping for a lighter muffin don\’t add the topping
• 1/3 c. firmly packed brown sugar
• 1/3 c. butter
• 1/3 c. pecans, finely choped
Combine the brown sugar and butter in a pot. Cooking over medium heat, stirring continuously; until the mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking until the mixture becomes smooth (3-4 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in nuts.
Drop the topping by the spoonful in the center of the muffin.