It may not be peach season here in Michigan yet, but The Peach Truck was just in town and I had an overabundance of Georgia peaches. After trying peaches from The Peach Truck, I knew these perfect peaches would need to get turned into homemade fresh peach ice cream. Not only is this the best peach ice cream recipe, but it is so easy to make! This recipe has no eggs, and I even share the secret for easily removing the skins from the peaches. Whip up a batch of peach ice cream for the sweetest summer ever.
The Best Peach Ice Cream
1-1/4 cups sugar
1-1/3 cups heavy cream
2/3 cup half and half
1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean extract
dash of salt
2 cups fresh peach puree (about 4 average-sized peaches)
1. Prepare your ice cream maker for use.
2. Cut an X in the bottom of each peach.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
4. Add your peaches, and boil for about 45 seconds.
5. Remove peaches from boiling water and place immediately into ice water.
6. After a few seconds, the peach skins will easily rub off.
7. Slice the skinless peaches and remove the pit.
8. Puree the peaches in a blender.
9. Whisk all ingredients together (sugar, heavy cream, half and half, vanilla, salt, and peach puree).
10. Pour into your ice cream maker.
11. Freeze according to the manufacturer\’s instructions.
12. Once the peach ice cream is firmed up (like soft-serve), enjoy or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours to get it to harden up.