One of my friends invited me over to a Halloween party at her house this year. Of course, I can\’t just show up to a party emptyhanded. The party would include adults and children, so I wanted to make something that would be festive, for everyone and quick and easy. I decided to turn one of my favorite treats into something more seasonal… Mummy Rice Krispie Treats.
Not only are these mummy Rice Krispie treats perfect for kids, school parties, but they\’re great for work parties and Halloween parties with friends. To get the \”mummy\” wrap look I used white chocolate and mini chocolate chips for the eyes. These Mummy Rice Krispie Treats were such a hit, they were gone within 20 minutes!
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
Ingredients4 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 package white chocolate
1 package mini chocolate chips
1. Cover a 9\” x 13\” pan with parchment paper, leave an overhang on the sides.
2. Grease the parchment paper with non-stick spray.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan.
4. Once butter is melted add marshmallows and melt.
5. Once marshmallows are melted add vanilla and mix well.
6. Quickly mix in the Rice Krispies.
7. Pour into the prepared pan.
8. Press firmly down to create a level surface.
9. Allow cooling for at least two hours.
10. Remove the Rice Krispies from the pan – this is when that overhang comes in handy.
11. Cut into rectangular pieces – I cut larger ones to give myself 12.
12. Add white chocolate chips to a Ziplock baggy.
13. Make sure the baggy is completely sealed.
14. Put the baggy in the microwave and melt on defrost in 30-second intervals.
15. Once the white chocolate is melted, cut a small corner off the baggy,
16. Drizzle the white chocolate back and forth over the cut pieces.
17. Add mini chocolate chip \”eyes\” as you go.
18. Let sit for at least an hour or overnight.