30 Days of Gratitude
The holiday season is quickly approaching, it’s easy to get caught up in our own busy lives, but this month take a little extra time thinking about the people around you. Whether that means stopping to hold the door open for a stranger or taking a grandparent to the grocery store. It’s time to remember how blessed we truly are. I came up with a list of thirty acts of gratitude, they’re simple, but will help bring a little more kindness to the world. How are you spreading some gratitude this month?
1. Leave a note of encouragement on the mirror at the gym.
2. Bake someone a batch of his or her favorite cookies.
3. Go out of your way to help a stranger.
4. Pay for the person’s coffee behind you in line.
5. Offer to babysit friend’s kid.
6. Give someone flowers just because.
7. Drop off a donation at your local shelter.
8. Take a grandparent out to dinner or lunch.
9. Rake your neighbors leaves.
10. Give a generous gift to a waiter.
11. Give a stranger a genuine compliment.
12. Leave your postal worker a surprise in the mailbox.
13. Bring in your neighbors trashcan.
14. Surprise your significant other with a home-cooked meal.
15. Leave a penny heads up so someone can pick it up and have good luck.
16. Give your pet some extra loving.
17. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
18. Cook a meal for a neighbor.
19. Donate some food and toys to an animal shelter.
20. Feed someone else’s meter.
21. Have a friend or family member over for dinner and a movie.
23. Go out for coffee with a new friend.
24. Bring someone flowers.
25. Visit a nursing home and play some games.
26. Leave a note for someone in a book at the bookstore.
27. Host Thanksgiving dinner or bring a dish to pass.
28. Stay polite with the workers on Black Friday.
29. Smile at others.
30. Write down five things you’re thankful for this year.