2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup sugar
1 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 cup pecan pieces.
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
3. Add heavy cream and both sugars.
4. Continue cooking until sugars dissolve.
5. Increase heat to medium and simmer until reaches 240 degrees, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. If mixture begins to crystallize add 2 more tablespoons of the cream.
6. Add the pecans and remove from heat.
7. Spoon praline mixture onto prepared baking sheets.
8. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before transferring to an airtight container.