Classic Oatmeal Cookie
½ cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
½-1 cup raisins
½-1 cup Craisins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy (about three to five minutes).
4. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
5. Add flour mixture; mix well.
6. Add oats; mix well.
7. By hand mix in raisins and Craisins.
8. Drop dough by the rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.