Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 1 1/4 c. unsalted butter (2 1/2 sticks)
• 1 cup + 2 Tbls. sugar
• 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 cups cake flour
• 1 2/3 cups bread flour
• 1.5 tsp. baking soda
• 1.5 tsp. baking powder
• 1.5 tsp salt
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• 1 pkg. semisweet chocolate chunks cut into quarters
• Salts for topping the cookies (I used Sea Salt & Cypriot Flake Salt)
• Place cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking power and salt into a bowl and stir. Set aside.
• Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together until very light; about five minutes.
• Add eggs and mix well.
• Add the vanilla and give it a whirl around.
• Reduce speed and add the dry ingredient mixture. Mix until just combined.
• Remove from mixer and stir in your chocolate pieces.
• Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 36 hours.
• When ready to bake; preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop mounds of dough onto your non-stick baking sheet.
• Bake for 7-18minutes. *** note: one cookie sheet took 7 minutes while around took 17 so just watch it.
• When you remove the cookies from the oven sprinkle them with your salt.