When autumn hits I seize every possible opportunity to use apples. After picking a bushel of honey crisp apples I have been wanting to experiment in the kitchen. When I heard that Nature\’s Pride was hosting a recipe contest I knew it was the perfect opportunity to experiment in the kitchen. When the holidays approach many of us tend to get house guest. We all want an easy breakfast to feed them. That\’s when I came up with Overnight Caramel Apple French Toast.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
8 slices of bread
1-2 medium size apples (cut into small pieces)
3 eggs beaten
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In a 9×9 dish place 4 slices of bread
2. Place your apples pieces onto the bread
3. In a pot combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Heat on medium until thickens. (This is your caramel)
4. When caramel is done pour it over the four slices of bread.
5. Top with another four slices of bread.
6. Beat eggs. Once beaten add milk and vanilla.
7. Pour over the bread.
8. Cover and Chill at least eight hours. Overnight is ideal.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.