Happy New Year! Goodbye 2020, hello 2021! 2020 flipped our worlds upside down, and it definitely challenged us to think outside the box when it comes to things to do. We don\’t know what 2021 holds, but I am excited for whatever adventures may pop up. Since Michigan is still shut down (no eating out among other things), this month\’s things to do will be lockdown friendly. Without further ado, let\’s get into 31 things to do in January during a time of COVID.
1. Create a vision board and select one word or motto to focus on in 2021.
2. Start a journal.
3. Hygge your home. Light some candles, make hot cocoa, grab a book, and snuggle under a warm blanket.
4. Try a new recipe. I am thinking of making a chowder.
5. Find a place that does a lantern snowshoe adventure.
6. It\’s Cuddle Up Day! Whether you\’re single or in a relationship, you can celebrate cuddle up day with junk food, cute pajamas, and a movie of course.
7. Play in the snow. Build a snowman, go sledding, or make a snow angel.
8. Dine in an igloo.
9. Support a local business.
10. Treat yourself to a hot beverage today. I am a big fan of coconut milk chai tea lattes.
11. Start a new series.
12. Try a new craft. I am personally loving these copper kits.
13. Give snow tubing a try.
14. It\’s Dress Up Your Pet Day! Dress to match and take a cutesy family photo.
15. Be a tourist in your own town.
16. Go ice skating.
17. Perfect a chili recipe.
18. Build a snow fort.
19. It\’s National Popcorn Day. Grab your favorite popcorn and chow down while you enjoy a movie.
20. Try a new nail polish shade.
21. Get out into nature and enjoy a hike or walk through the woods.
22. Have a snowy bonfire.
23. Take a virtual cooking class.
24. It\’s Compliment Day! Find something positive to say to at least five people today. Leave little positive notes around town.
25. Learn to snowboard.
26. Do a puzzle.
27. Get carryout from a new (to you) restaurant.
28. Spend a night in a cozy cabin.
29. Go for a sleigh ride.
30. Enjoy a brunch charcuterie board.
31. Buy all things pink in anticipation of Valentine\’s Day.