DIY Pumpkin Spice
On a scale from 1 to pumpkin spice latte, how much do you love this time of year? Is it the cider mills, apple orchards, pumpkin patches and changing of the leaves that are your favorite, or is it the fact that pumpkin spice is….everywhere? For most of us pumpkin spice is a huge part of our fall, from drinks (hello Starbucks PSL), to baked goods, and more. However, like most things pumpkin spice is even better when it’s homemade. So today I decided to share with you the best (I think so at least) pumpkin spice recipe, so you can use it on absolutely everything.
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1.5 teaspoons ground clove
1.5 teaspoons ground all spice
Mix all the spices together in a small bowl… smells like heaven doesn’t it? Store this delicious mixture in a clean small jar or spice container.
9 ways to incorporate pumpkin spice into your everyday life.
1. Add it to popcorn.
2. Sprinkle it over sweet potatoes.
3. Mix it into muffin, cookie or cake mix.
4. Gives peanut butter a fun seasonal twist.
5. Sprinkle it over squash.
6. Add it to the top of whipped cream.
7. Use it with Chex mix, for a sweet snack.
8. Mix it with whipped butter and serve it with dinner rolls.
9. Amp up your breakfast by adding it to oatmeal, pancakes, french toast or waffles.