Cranberry Orange Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup sour cream or yogurt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
zest of one orange
juice of an orange
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
For the Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 – 3 tablespoons milk or orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
3. Cream together butter and sugar for about 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix in until incorporated.
5. Add the orange juice and zest; mix to incorporate
6. Add the sour cream, mix to incorporate
7. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder.
8. When this is all mixed together stir in the cranberries
9. Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
10. Let pan sit for 5 minutes after you take the cake out of the oven.
11. Turn over cake onto a wire rack to cool.
12. Mix up your glaze ingredients and spread on top and sides of the cake.