No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Sunday nights in college always included going to the on campus theater, and watching a movie. Once a month a friend would bring these sinfully delicious peanut butter bars that she would make in her dorm room. Last weekend I received a box of the bars and the recipe. They literally take five minutes to make so I knew I had to share the recipe with you.
No Bake Peanut Butter BarsIngredients:
½ cup butter; melted
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (grind them in a food processor or use the box kind)
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup (heaping) peanut butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1. In a medium bowl, mix together butter, graham cracker, powdered sugar and the ½ cup of peanut butter until blended well.
2. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 8×8 pan.
3. Melt the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons peanut butter double boiler method or in the microwave, remember to stir occasionally until smooth.
4. Spread over the peanut butter layer.
5. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.