There is no better way to enjoy the Olympics than with a big bowl of popcorn, and this weekend I took it to a whole new level with maple bacon popcorn.
Maple Bacon Popcorn
5 slices of bacon
1/4 cup (or a little less) maple syrup
1/2 cup popping corn
3 tablespoons sugar
dash of salt
1. Pan fry bacon until crispy, remove from pan and save bacon grease.
2. Crush bacon into itty bitty pieces.
3. Put the bacon in a bowl and toss with maple syrup.
4. Pour bacon grease into a large saucepan and heat over medium heat.
5. Add popping corn.
6. Sprinkle with sugar and salt over kernels.
7. Add lid.
8. Continually shake pot whole holding the lid down until popping begins.
9. Continue to shake until popping corn has slowed.
10. Pour popped corn into serving bowl.
11. Drizzle with bacon/syrup mixture toss and enjoy!