With the less than stellar weather here in Michigan my go-to meals for the past couple weeks have been soups in the Crock-Pot. My favorite being twice baked potato, a hearty soup that’s perfect to warm you on a frigid day.
Crock-Pot Twice Baked Potato Soup
1 medium/large yellow onion
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups water, divided
4 cups chicken broth
3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1 ½ cups mashed potato flakes (I used generic)
½ pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
seasonings of choice (I used pepper, basil, thyme and lavender)
1 cup half-and-half cream
shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a large skillet, sauté onions in butter until tender.
2. Stir in flour.
3. Gradually stir in 1-cup water, bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes (until thickened).
4. Transfer to a Crock-Pot.
5. Add the broth, potatoes potato flakes, bacon, seasonings and remaining water.
6. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
7. Stir in half-and-half cream and cook 30 more minutes.
8. Garnish with shredded cheese and green onions.