On my recent trip to Washington DC, I made sure to visit Georgetown and check out the two most popular cupcake bakeries; Georgetown Cupcake and Sprinkles.
Georgetown Cupcake was founded by sisters Katherine and Sophie, who also have a series on TLC called DC Cupcakes. I waited in line for about a half hour before being able to get cupcakes – the cupcakes are $2.75 each.
• The buttercream tasted like cream cheese
• The cupcake was very crumbly and dry
• The \”signature swirl\” looked more like a blob.
I don\’t know if I was at Georgetown Cupcake on an off day or what, but I really do not understand the hype.
Sprinkles was founded by Candace Nelson, who is now also a judge on Food Networks hit series Cupcake Wars. The cupcakes are $3.75 each, and I was able to walk right in and purchase cupcakes.
• The presentation is very chic and aesthetically pleasing.
• You couldn\’t eat the retro dot on the cupcake – which I didn\’t understand since Candace always complains on the show if there is something non-edible.
• The buttercream was delicious
• The cupcakes were extremely moist
Nail Polish: Zoya Shelby